Friday, July 15, 2005

Hey all. Well, I can finally say with some assurance that summer is here on the midcoast. How do I know? We have to wait for tables to clear at the local eateries! (Actually, I know because my roses are in full swing.

Anyway, you didn't come here to hear me wax poetic about my garden. Greg and I decided to drive to New York on a whim last week to get some errands done and have some business meetings. On our way down, we stopped at Moody's Diner in Waldoboro for breakfast. Now, I usually stop at Moody's in the wintertime on my way south and get a cinnamon roll to go and they come out all warm from the kitchen. I hardly ever stop for a full mea, but Greg likes his eggs and toast in the morning, so we stopped. By 10am, the place was packed! Hardly an instate license plate in the lot (locals eat early and are probably out by 7). Our server was really in a state when we got there and was really not interested in taking our orders. But she did. I had a sausage and cheese omlet with toast and Greg had a burger. The portions were enormous, but the omlet wasn't done and they charged me .60 cents extra for the cheese even though the omlet was listed on the menu for one price. Greg got soggy fries and a kind of dry burger...two things he can't stand. We did get a cinnamon roll to split and that was good, but they are much better in the winter months.
All I can say is never have that much sugar and plan to drive another 6 hours...I was so sleepy!

Back to work...this job thing does get in the way of blogging, now doesn't it.

By the way, thanks to the readers who recommended my blog on Chowhound.com That was very cool. I love chowhound and used to have a link to it somewhere on my blog page...hmmmm I am not the most technologically saavy dude around, so I'll have to work on getting that back.

Oh..the ratings for Moody's
Chaaam.....A
Food....B-
Service....B-

Enjoy,
Seth

1 comment:

MaineCliffDweller said...

I had a regular reader to this blog (You DO like me...you do like me!!!) email me directly to say that at least the pies at Moody's are good and we should leave it at that.

I've never had the pies there, but a business associate down in Portsmouth told me that I had to bring her a triple berry pie from Moody's when I came to Portsmouth to see her...I did it once and she was so astonished and grateful to me....I guess the proof is in the pie!
Enjoy!