Thursday, January 05, 2006

Ahh back to the kitchen after being sick and sick of making food after the holidays. Tonights gourmet meal is something a bit fancier that what we term SIAP (S**t in a pot to be a bit more on the ball) Its my version of Shepards Pie. I boiled some purple potatoes and the rest of the Yucon Gold that I had (skins on of course) and then sauteed scallions with garlic until tender, threw in some yellow peppers and then about a lb of ground turkey and simmered until just done. While this was going on, I whipped up a rou with butter and a bit of flour and browned it for a few minutes in our new saucier pan that our neighbor Tangie gave us (its so awesome...Italian design and NOTHING sticks) then poured a 1/4 cup of white wine in the rou with equal part milk and let cook on low simmer while I stirred in salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. Last was a touch of colby-jack cheese to make it creamier.
After adding carrots and lima beans to the turkey and stirring for a while, I added fresh asparagus and took it off the heat. Scraping the mix into a casserole, I then poured over the creamy cheese mixture and let it sit while I finished the mashed taters (skins on for extra vitamins!) with garlic, salt, and butter. Add to the top and then grate some more cheese over the top for colla as we say in New Yawk.
Hey, if it doesn't taste good, at least it tastes cheesy!

I'll let you know Greg's comments tomorrow in a new feature called "Greg Says:"

Enjoy,
Seth
Hey and by the way....if you don't click the ads up above, I can't take the local Mainefoodie readers out for ice cream until at least 2009!

No comments: