Sunday, August 13, 2006

My parents arrived yesterday for a week. Last night we had a delicous dinner (Thank you David for your amazing part in our dinner.....my mom was SOOOOOO happy!!!!!)

We are having a dog picnic today at their rental house in East Belfast with my sister, her dog, Chowder; our two giant black beasts; and my parents Westie, Charlie.
I have about three cups of leftover couscous from dinner the other night and I made a couscous salad that is lowfat and very tasty. There is now a tri-colored cousous on the market that makes the dish very festive. I added a handful of fresh finely chopped basil, about a 1/4 cup green scallions, a cup of diced dried apricots ($1.99 for the imported Turkish kind at Ocean State Joblots in Belfast), and some cinnamon and allspice, a smattering of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Its fabulous! You can add something like pistachios for protein. I found this recipe at epicurious and just adapted it to what I had on hand.
I am serving with my curried chicken salad and good fresh bread.

Enjoy,
Seth

No comments: