Tuesday, July 10, 2007

New friends gave me a recipe today that I know will be great, coming from them. I am dying to try it..so much so that I wish Nealey's (our local gas station, "convenience" and hardware store, and topless bar) carried pectin so I could run right out and get started. I hope I'm not posting some ancient family recipe, handed down from Great Aunt Gert to cousin Maude to Granma Rose to momma to me kind of thing. If it is, I am so sorry. I would never post my Great Aunt's meatball recipe on here!


There isn't a copyright on it, so here goes:


Rose Petal Jelly
(from my garden.)
2 Cups Water


3 cups Rose petals


2.5 cups sugar


1/4 cup lemon juice


3 oz pectin




Boil water, remove from heat and steep petals. (I'm lovin this already). After 1/2 an hour, strain and return to boil. Add sugar and lemon and boil for 2 minutes. Add pectin and boil for three minutes.
Decant
This recipe is full of cool stuff I don't do often, like steep and decant. I dunno about you, but I'm excited. I think that rose blossom above is about three cups by itself. Great year so far for roses.
Enjoy,
Seth


No comments: