Sunday, May 09, 2004

Pork Tenderloin
Made the nicest, juciest pork tenderloin last night. I was going to cut the tenderloin into roundles and sautee them up, because I was too lazy to dress the whole thing and wait around for a hour...but Greg looked at me with this pleading gaze and then he rubbed his stomach while asking me to do the tenderloin "the right way" because it is so good!! How can I resist the tummy rub????


So, I trimmed off the fat, cut the tenderloin open lengthwise and added minced garlic, Sweet chili sauce, red wine vinegar, and apple cider. Then I minced a few apples and a leek together and sprinkled those on top and around the edges of the pan. Salt and pepper the sucker and covered it in foil before popping it in the oven. There was a great juice and wonderful apple confit when it was done. Don't overcook it...such a shame to waste the juice.