Sunday, June 04, 2006

I woke up this morning to the sound of raindrops on the roof, normally quite a soothing, safe feeling. Today it struck me with dread, "another day inside doing inside stuff...ugghh" Its been raining for at least 40 days, now I know how Noah felt..good thing he had boat building skills! I at least have a car in which to escape, and escape we did..out of the house, away from the dogs and away from working on the kitchen some more. I walked into Greg's studio and pronounced plans to go to the Farnsworth Art Museum in Rockland. He had his shoes on before I finished my pronouncement...and away we go!
After perusing the excellent permanent collection and getting some more exposure to Andrew Wyeth's work for a potential client, we exited and followed our noses to the Atlantic Baking Company on Main Street, right across from the Farnsworth. We thought about getting a loaf of fresh bread for dinner and ended up staying and having a sammie with a cheese danish. The danish was outstanding and Greg told me that I needed to learn how to make them....."yeah I thought, spending all day making croissant dough, my favorite pasttime!" The sandwich was also stellar, mostly due to the tasty multigrain bread that was perfectly moist and had a wonderful texture and taste. The place is a bit pricy, but a nice choice on main street for a cuppa coffee and a pastry in the mornings. Lots to read and semi-comfortable seats. This place is a must for the strolling pedestrian.
When we got back, Greg headed for bed and I got called to help walk some friends' llamas which was really cool. They rescued five male llamas and sometimes need help excersing them. A nice chance of pace on an icky poopie rainy Sunday.

enjoy,
Seth

No comments: