Saturday, June 16, 2007

I attempted to make red curry last night and it came out less than stellar. I was grocery shopping and found red curry paste at Hannaford...it was the only curry they had and I assume that it was probably not the "best." My curry lacked the robust flavors that a really good curry should have. Tangie pronouced it "not un-good" last night. We tought it needed more coconut milk. So, to the leftovers I added some more coconut milk and stuck the whole thing in the fridge...we'll see about today. Could it also have been my lack of fish sauce? Greg thought it too limey. I just thought it lacked the inital flavor that made you want to go back for me.
The spice was a medium spice, which was ok, but there still wasn't any inital ummph to the flavor.
My recipe called for me to heat up two tablespoons oil and then cook 1 tablespoon red curry paste. Add 1 can coconut milk and 1 can broth with a squuze of fresh line juice and a couple of dashes of fish sauce...which I didn't use, and a handful of chopped fresh basil. I pounded chicken breast and cut it into strips cooking it in the red curry soup and then added broccoli, peas, and asparagus. As I said, it was ok, but not great....I need it to be great or else I won't make it again.
Any suggestions?

No comments: